Anyone who knows me knows that one of my favourite things to do while being at this low level of health is to try and make a little extra money. I favour points sites that are easy to use, but not monotonous or time-consuming. A new Canadian company that has started strong is LikeNet. They put a twist on the typical points-delivery by directly campaigning businesses to advertise with them. The difference lies in the variety of advertising options.
Backing up a bit, as someone who simply wants to make a little cash, MY responsibility is to check in (each day ideally) and be offered points in exchange for 'liking' a company on facebook, completing a short survey (like one or two questions usually) or reading through a website in search of a cash-providing code.
If I had my own business.. or even say.. a blog (wink wink), I could decide to use my own money or even my LikeNet "points" to fund getting extra viewers to my page/blog.
For me doing things like this serve me well on a couple of levels. I feel like I'm contributing to both my own enjoyment (money for little gifts for myself on a rainy or hard day) and my families goals for the future by not limiting myself to whats available to me before I can go back to work.
I also hope that one day when I get my full life back, this time will have taught me lessons in frugality that I can condense into something usable in the busier future.
SoftCorp Media Victoria | Web Design, Social Media and More
I think this is a good outlook to have--if you enjoy it and it brings you some extra money, why not? I used to get a lot through points programs, especially in the US, and in Canada I've bought quite a few groceries thanks to Air Miles surveys (which can be a little tedious). A few friends of mine have had good luck with Angus Reid.
ReplyDelete